(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- (a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (with your IP address anonymised).
- (b) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including making enquiries)
- (c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- (d) any other information that you choose to send to us
Any form submissions you send us through our website will be automatically and permanently deleted after 1 year.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The list below describe the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or you should delete the cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.)
First party cookies
We deem these as being strictly necessary to the working of the website and no personal data is collected by these cookies.
Our website runs on a Content Management System and cookies are used to store basic data on your interactions with the system, and whether you have logged in. We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you if you are a registered user. If these are disabled then various functionality on the site will be broken.
More information on session cookies and what they are used for at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html.
Your vote in the Best Dressed competition saves a cookie on your device for administrative purposes. Again, it doesn't collect or stores any personal information and it expires and is removed after 7 days.
Third party Cookies
These are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the site allow visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies might be set by LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites. There are scripts from domains outside of our website. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on this website.
We provide the live chat functionality on our website using Jivochat. Jivochat automatically sets cookies on your device that saves the number of visits and the first time you visited. Jivochat also reads your IP address and makes it available for our live chat agent. When you give consent for these cookies, you agree that we may use your IP address, location and website visit information to better solve your query. Please see more details about the possible cookies set by Jivochat here: https://www.jivochat.com/cookies/
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
The information above is given in good faith. However, if you are unsure about any of the specific points of the EU Cookie Law or the General Data Protection Regulation (2018) we recommend you consult your legal advisors.
(3) Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- (a) administer the website
- (b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- (c) enable your use of the services available on the website
- (d) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- (e) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- (f) send to you marketing communications relating to our business where you have specifically agreed to this, by email (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- (g) provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information cannot be used to identify any individual user
- (h) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention);
- (d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- (e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(5) International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
(6) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall protected servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website)
(7) Policy amendments
(8) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
(9) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(10) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated or permanently deleted.